Parent Volunteer Forms
Criminal Record Check
Volunteers must be residents of St. Albert and must be 18 years of age or older.
Volunteers must call 780-458-4300 to make an appointment to come to detachment with documentation. Follow the prompts.
The letter, see below, and proper identification is required. In many cases, volunteers can wait at the detachment while the criminal check is processed.
Click here to upload letters for your Criminal Record Check letter.
OR you can complete the Criminal Record Check online HERE
All requests are now completed online.
The letter required is on our website and the digital form is attached.
Child Welfare letter is below.
You will require Adobe Acrobat Reader on your device. Do not print or photograph the digital form and do not forward the form through a web link eg. Adobe Acrobat- message@adobe (we are unable to open external web links).
Forward your completed form as a PDF attachment along with a readable copy of two (2) pieces of government issued ID (one must be a photo ID) as a second attachment (click here) to: CS-IRCrequest@gov.ab.ca
Examples of accepted forms of ID: driver’s license, AB identification card, Treaty status card, AHC, firearms license, birth certificate, passport. Do not send a copy of your Social Insurance Number.
Before submitting your request, please check that you have:
- Entered your personal information – name, complete address, aliases, children, DOBs, etc.
- Identified the organization & type of position you are applying for – even if “Residing with…”
- Typed your name and date at the bottom of sections 1 & 2 to verify the information provided is correct and to consent to having the check completed (ensure you check the box in front as well).
- Ensured that the completed IRC form is attached as a PDF – No pictures, apps or web links please.
- Attached the copies of your ID
Processing times take up to 30 business days and depend on the volume of requests received.
Please note – incomplete requests will be returned for correction and create further delays in processing.
Click here to upload letters for Alberta Child Services.